FULL LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTER 3535 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 www.sfflcc.org/english
ABOUT FULL LIFE CHRISTIAN CENTER
Full Life Christian Center (FLCC), an Assembly of God church in San Francisco, is seeking a full-time loving Associate Pastor to provide soul care for the English-speaking congregation. Our church itself is predominantly Asian American, however, we strive to be a church that reflects our community of different races and ethnicities. The average attendance of the English congregation is 120 with a mix of older families, young families, singles, youth and children. The Associate Pastor will work closely with the Youth Pastor to support various ministries and small groups. Members are encouraged to be a part of a small group to build a stronger faith and community with one another. In addition, under the oversight of our Senior Pastor we have a Chinese-speaking congregation with active seniors and young adult groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Associate Pastor will serve as an engaging communicator for weekly sermons and deliver gospel-centered, applicable, and culturally relevant messages to a diverse English-speaking audience. The candidate will be required to lead the English congregation in evangelism and discipleship with a heart to see people be transformed by the gospel into fully committed followers of Jesus. This position will be expected to support and communicate vision and direction of the Senior Pastor to the staff and English congregation, while equipping leaders from within the church to implement that vision.
The ideal candidate will work to ensure the health and stability of the English congregation through organizational direction and administrative oversight, while shepherding and attending to the needs of the people as they are met through various ministries of the church.
- Offer pastoral care by leading unbelievers and seekers to Christ; nurturing believers to grow spiritually; training and equipping mature believers for Christian service and leadership;
- Commit to the FLCC’s core values;
- Train the congregation to apply Christian faith in daily life according to the biblical principles;
- Engage, visit, comfort, encourage, and counsel church members and visitors;
- Mentor and nurture leaders;
- Promote outreach ministry;
- Build and develop spiritual gifts of the members in order to cultivate servanthood;
- Work with the Chinese congregation to promote unity;
- Participate and serve in various church programs, e.g. winter retreats, summer retreats, mission month, etc.; and
- Lead and guide English Leadership team to plan for future growth.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess at least a Master of Divinity degree
- Ordination with Assemblies of God is preferred.
- Be a dynamic communicator with a strong background and proven success in teaching, leadership development, discipleship and ministry strategy.
- Be a strong and prayerful leader who exhibits both humility and team spirit.
- Be intrinsically people-oriented and able to minister in cross-cultural, multi-generational, and urban settings.
- Oversee English section ministries that nurtures emerging leaders in commitment and discipleship, giving them responsibility suitable to their ability and growth.
- Have a heart of a servant.
- Be compassionate and have a sense of humor.
- Have a strong desire to see lives and communities transformed by the gospel, Christians mobilized to live out the Great Commission. It is preferable that the candidate is familiar with the challenges that face an ethnically and culturally diverse environment in an urban setting.
- Be a visionary who is a creative entrepreneur with a strong work ethic, ministering out of love of Christ first and love for FLCC and its community.
- Devote oneself to fervent prayer and diligent study of the Word for the purpose of personal spiritual growth and effective ministry;
- Develop relationships with volunteers and church staff;
- Exemplify servant leadership;
- Show humility and patience;
- Possess a teachable spirit and willingness to be mentored;
- Communicate openly and with tact;
- Comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced and collaborative environment;
- Possess or work towards acquiring an Assemblies of God (AG) ministerial credentials; and
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry setting is preferred
Further, a successful candidate will have proven pastoral experience with a track record of successfully being used by God to grow a ministry. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media, and collaboration software (e.g. Dropbox, Slack, Asana, etc) is desired.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include vacation time (up to 4 weeks depending on the length of service), 8 designated holidays, including 2 floats, 12 sick days, a pension plan, and medical and dental insurance (full coverage is given to eligible family members). A ministry fund is provided for conferences, seminars, educational leave and mileage reimbursement.
TO APPLY Send résumé with cover letter to: p a st o r al search@ sfflcc.org